Hello friends! Sorry it’s been a while… things have been pretty hectic. We’ve had too much going on and move in exactly two weeks; but I’m trying to get in another post before we move and the baby arrives. As I am packing, I am trying to stay super organized setting aside the newborn baby items, so that I don’t misplace them for when we move. Therefore, I wanted to share a list of the things I have set aside for myself and baby for our stay in the hospital. Make sure to click on the widget’s pictures to see the items I love!
- The first item I will be sure to have are my favorite Victoria’s Secret pajamas! They are actually non-maternity, but they are my favorite, and I even wear them throughout my entire pregnancy (even though my belly is starting to pop out a bit at this point 😉 ).
- I also love having comfy post baby robes and nightgowns. They are the best for easy access nursing, and have always been a definite “must have” in my bag. I’ve always packed a few of these, and I’ve never been disappointed. I practically live in these for the first few weeks at home postpartum.
- My UGG slippers. I wear these throughout the winter around the house; however, they are great to wear in the hospital to keep your feet clean and comfy.
- Next up, baby hats and bows! Since we do not know the gender of this babe, I am packing a variety of newborn boy and girl hats and bows. Here are some links to my favorites that I wanted to share too: Gender neutral newborn hat, bows, football beanie.
- A newborn baby girl and boy going home outfit. Again, I have a couple of options packed and have them here as well.
- A going home outfit for myself. I’ve always struggled with this one, because I never feel that great leaving the hospital; so I have to make sure it’s an outfit that doesn’t bug my incision, and is loose and flows. In the past, I have worn a maxi dress and have been pleased.
- My booby tubes! These are a life saver for any nursing mama! That first week of nursing can be painful, however; your husband or the nurses can pop these in the microwave for 30 seconds, and “wah lah” you put them on, and there is an instant relief! I HIGHLY recommend these.
- Make sure you have your infant car seat installed properly in your car. You can get this checked at the hospital as well as any local fire station.
- The simple things: shampoo, conditioner, hair brush, make up bag, deodorant, tooth brush and paste, etc.
- And lastly, a gift from baby to big sis and big bro, and have them bring a gift for baby too. In the past, I have done monogrammed lovies from Pottery Barn, but since we’re doing a surprise, I think I’ll let the kids pick out a Cuddle and Kind stuffed baby doll for the new baby from them. This has always been a sweet moment when they exchange gifts, and it is also an important time for big bro and big sis to feel special. Check out these adorable shirts and onesie I got for Ella Rose, Owen, and baby to wear too when they come to the hospital to meet baby!
I hope this list helps any new or expecting mamas out there! I know I always like to get ideas from other mama’s as well! I can’t believe we only have one month left- we are all so excited, and CANNOT wait to meet him/her! Stay tuned 🙂
Follow me on insta @totesamom