Hey there! Fall is one of my favorite times of the year. I love the chilled mornings, pulling on some cozy leggings, boots, and a sweater and heading out. Not to mention, finally being able to buy the cinnamon sticks at the store for our house – the best. Here are a few of our favorite things to do in the fall that I wanted to share with you.
- Getting all FALL’D up. I love wearing cozy fall clothes and taking some fun pics with the kids. Ella Rose still loves wearing her dresses, of course, now with pants underneath; and I’ve been having fun buying Owen some new fall clothes since we needed some warm clothes for him.
Toddler girl Pink Vanilla dress with pockets Toddler girl Jersey leggings
Comfy courdoroy baby boy pants
- Putting up our fall decor. This year Ella Rose got really into this which was fun. I love buying some pumpkin spice scented candles from Bath and Body works. Their three wick candles are always the best. They last a long time and the scent radiates throughout the house unlike others. I also have about five wreaths (one for each season/holiday) that I bought from a craft store and rotate them throughout the seasons. They can be pricey, but this way I save them and switch them out every year/season. There’s nothing like a nice wreath on the front door that makes your home welcoming.
- Baking. Whether it’s attempting Grandma’s apple crumble cake recipe or simply buying Trader Joe’s pumpkin bread, baking is so much fun with the kids. The Trader Joe’s pumpkin bread is one of the easiest baked goods to make and eat. It’s so yummy. The kids love helping mix the goodies all together, baking it, and then, we eat it for breakfast or snack on it throughout the day.
- Fall crafts with the kids and getting ready for Halloween. This year I ordered these adorable monogrammed pillow case trick or treat bags from Pottery Barn! I’m so glad I finally did this because now the kids can use them every year! They’re also on sale now so check them out!
Pottery Barn Kid’s Trick or Treat Halloween Bags
- Berry or apple picking. This year we went berry picking. We did not have a ton of luck getting very many berries but it was still fun to do, and the kids really enjoyed it, despite the heat. Ella Rose loved hunting for the berries, while Owen enjoyed snacking on them 😉 . I would love to do apple picking but just found out you have to sign up in advance for it the summer before. So that is definitely on our bucket list for next year!
- Pumpkin patch. We love finding a good pumpkin patch each year. The past two years we went to Anderson Farms but this year we wanted to try a new one. Stay tuned for where we decide to go in my next post!
Thanks for visiting!
Follow me on insta @totesamom